Recently I was nominated by Beth @ Reading Every Night for this award- so thanks so much Beth for nominating me! Beth runs a really great blog so you should definitely head over and check it out.
The award is essentially a way of getting to know bloggers by answering questions set by the person who has nominated you. Once you’ve been nominated you can take the above button and display it on your blog!
And these are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
E-books or paperbacks/hardcovers?
Paperbacks! I love paperbacks because they’re nice and easy to take everywhere with you. They’re also a lot cheaper than hardbacks and have you even tried lugging one of those around in a handbag? You probably have, and you probably regretted it as much as I did. Although hardbacks are beautiful I’m happy to settle for a paperback.
I do use e-books when I travel for the sake of weight allowance, though. But I feel 100 times less inclined to pick up a book if it’s not a physical copy.
What is the best book you’ve read so far this year?
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh – it’s a retelling of Arabian Nights and it’s FABULOUS. I only just finished it so I’m still reeling from it’s amazingness. I can’t believe I have to wait for the second book UH. Check out my review HERE.
If you could have any superpower what would you choose and why?
Flying. I’ve always wanted to be able to fly (I don’t know why). I remember coming back from seeing The Incredibles in the cinema (not that any of the main characters fly) and I was determined that I would sprout into a superhero, so I went and jumped on my trampoline for an hour hoping I’d take off. I didn’t, *sigh*.
Best and worst book-to-film adaptations you’ve seen?
Best: The Water Diviner by Andrew Anastasios. Oh my goodness, that movie killed me with ALL THE FEELS. I actually think the movie is better. THERE. I said it. What’s it about? Set after WWII an Australian father goes to find his three sons, all of which are Missing in Action and presumed dead. It’s all about his journey to Gallipoli, Turkey to find them and trying to understand a foreign culture that he’s learnt to hate during war time. You need tissues to watch this one.
Worst: Eragon by Christopher Paolini- do I even need to say more? Ugh. How dare they ruin a fantastic dragon book. Tsk tsk tsk.
Favourite TV series?
Doctor Who! Because ALL THE REASONS. In particular, David Tennant, *much eyebrow waggling*.
If you could relive one day of your life what day would you pick?
Oh wow, this is a hard question. I think I would relive last Christmas (2015) because my parents put together the most amazing present for me. They wrapped up this huge basket of books and Funko Pops and soaps and I had no idea that that’s what they’d done. I received such a wicked haul of books from that and I’d love to relive the surprise of opening it again.
We also went to midnight mass at the Cathedral in the city and wow it was so beautiful. There was an AMAZING choir and a huuuge organ.
What has been your best or proudest moment as a blogger?
Erm, nothing comes to mind for this question. I’m proud of myself for having started this and for continually putting in the effort to run it. It’s so much fun and I always look forward to blogging.
If you could pick one book to read again for the first time what would it be?
I will NOT be cliché and say Harry Potter (although I totally would pick that). Actually, fun fact there, I got confused when my dad read the first book to me as a child and I thought Harry was the one with orange hair – you can imagine my surprise when I went to the cinema. But I’m going to say Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck because it’s my favourite book EVER. And I loved every moment of it so much, *swoons*.
Favourite comfort food?
Chocolate because yum. I really love those little Malteser chocolate bunnies they’ve brought out. They’re sooo delicious.
If you could travel to any place in the world, real or fictional, where would it be?
HOGWARTS. HOGWARTS. HOGWARTS. HOGWARTS. HOGWARTS.
You find a genie in a lamp, what three things would you wish for?
- To go to Hogwarts.
- To pay off my parents’ mortgage.
- To meet David Tennant.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I did gymnastics at an elite level for 10 years.
- I play the piano.
- I’m a major history buff and thoroughly enjoy watching Antiques Roadshow.
- I’m not allergic to anything.
- My ultimate fictional boyfriend is Ren from Tiger’s Curse (closely followed by Ash from The Iron King and Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn).
- I’ve met Bradley James from Merlin (*faints*).
- My favourite meal in Spaghetti Bolognese.
- My favourite chocolate is Twirl (introduced by Cadbury Ireland in the early 1970s).
- My favourite city in the world is currently Venice.
- I don’t think I will ever stop re-watching A Very Potter Musical by Starkid.
- Tarzan is my favourite Disney movie and Notting Hill is my favourite movie of all time.
- What’s you all time favourite book?
- What book would you like to change the ending of?
- If you could live in any fictional world which one would it be?
- Which Hogwarts house do you belong to?
- If you had one journey in the TARDIS would you travel forwards or backwards in time?
- Who would your ultimate fictional BFF (best friend forever) be?
- What’s your favourite fairy tale?
- Do you prefer Winter or Summer?
- A movie that was better than the book?
- What is your ultimate form of transport? You can choose anything, real or fictional.
- What’s your favourite book cover?
Who I’m Nominating
Shannon @ For the Love of Words
Naz @ Read Diverse Books
Naomi @ Professionalfangrl
Sophie @ Sophie The Book Worm
Resh @ The Book Satchel
Thanks everyone for reading!