A tag! HORRRAAHH! Don’t we all just love tags more than chocolate? No, I’m sorry – you’re quite right, nothing is better than chocolate. I’ll just sit down now. AND WRITE SOME ANSWERS *stands up and does excited boogying on the chair*
A big hug-filled thanks to The Orangutan Librarian for tagging me in this one!! I have to also provide an exceptionally interesting fact for my glorious tagger so here it is: if you want the best, most interesting and original discussion posts, then The Orangutan Librarian is where you need to go! Now, rules, rules, rules – there have to be some so here they are!!
- Create your own new post and call it “Tag: This-Is-My-Truth-Now” and be sure to include in your tags the words — without quotes — “ThisIsMyTruthNow Tag”
- Include these rules when you copy/paste to your own post.
- Be sure to thank the person that tagged you and include their responses at the bottom of your post, so someone can get to know them too. Tell everyone something interesting about the person who tagged you.
- Include a link to my original post mentioning this blog so we can see how many people choose to play along. Link to cut/paste is: ThisIsMyTruthNow
- Choose 12 bloggers to tag and include a link to their latest post, so others can check them out and meet new people.
- Answer all 12 questions in The Challenge Questions section, but replace the 12th question with your own new one around telling the truth or revealing something interesting about yourself — you can leave the existing if you can’t think of something. (Note: I’m too lazy to change this!)
- Be sure to copy/paste the “Truth or Dare” section at the end of this post. It’s important to the challenge — so you better carefully read it!
- If you’ve haven’t been tagged, but you want to play along, you can totally jump on in and post responses to the tag on your blog.
I feel like those rules are terrifyingly long and confusing so I’MMA DO MY BEST, okay?
1. You’re on your way to a birthday dinner that your friends have thrown for you. When you arrive, your favourite author is having dinner by himself or herself and asks you to sit with them, before you even see your friends or they see you. You have two choices: (1) You can sit with the author but can’t tell your friends that you’ve abandoned them for three hours, or (2) Meet your friends and lose the only chance you’ll ever have to talk with the author. Pick one or the other — no exceptions or communication to your friends to tell them about the author — and explain why.
I WOULD DEFINITELY PICK THE AUTHOR. Like, I’m sorry friends – but if Colleen Houck came calling, heck, I’d drop my life to attend that dinner.
2. You’ve got an opportunity to spend a few hours alone “in your bedroom” with a character from any book you’ve previously read. The character tells you that (s)he would like to lock the door and spend some alone time with you. What book and character is it, and do you decide to enter the room and lock the door, or tell them you aren’t interested?
I love the innocent, “in your bedroom”. You know what would be a good character for this? The Darkling. Because I’d have to think twice when he said he was going to lock the door – and then I’d of course say yes and hope for the best.
3. If you could turn any male character from one of your favourite books into a female character (or change a female into a male) in the book or book series, which one and why?
This question, omg. Okay, okay – I’d change Percy Weasley into a girl. Why? Because it’d be hilarious. Don’t tell me you’re not laughing.
4. What blogger currently on your follower’s list (meaning they follow you too) do you admire the most and why?
I’m going to go with Amanda @ Cover2CoverMom for this one – she runs a spectacular blog and has miniature humans to look after. Like, that woman clearly has no need for sleep.
5. If you could change any one decision your favourite book character made, what would it be and why?
I am having serious trouble trying to remember who my favourite book character is. I mean, Tiger’s Curse is my favourite book, so let’s say Ren? And let’s say everything he does in book three? Yeah? Yeah.
6. If you could pick 1 character from a book and 1 character from a TV show you watch (that is NOT based on a book) to be in a relationship together, who would you choose, and why?
THE DARKLING (Grisha trilogy) AND MISSY (Doctor Who). They’re both evil and mad but also maybe nice? But we’re not sure? It’s tricky. They’d make a great power couple of what-on-earth-are-they-doing-now?
7. It’s your last day on Earth. As you are about to cross that final finish line, a mysterious shadow appears, giving you a choice: (1) You can go move forward to whatever comes next for you [based on your own spiritual or religious beliefs], or (2) you can become a character in a book series and exist permanently doing whatever that author chooses to do with you in the book. Which do you choose, and if it’s option 2, reveal the book and author.
I would probably cross over, because then I’m sure I’d end up in some version of heaven where all my favourite book characters who’ve died would we waiting for me to join them around a table with a ginormous cake. I’M ON MY WAY, REMUS.
8. If you could steal a pet from someone in any book you’ve read, but had to replace it with a friend’s pet (meaning they wouldn’t ever see their pet again), would you do it? If so, explain the who and why.
OH MY THIS IS RUDE. Um, um, um – WAIT OH MY GOD, TOOTHLESS. TAKE ALL MY FRIEND’S PETS, I AM RUTHLESS, I AM HORRIBLE, I WILL HAVE MY TOOTHLESS.
9. If you could turn someone from your real life into a character from a book, who from your life, who in the book and why?
Because I can’t think of anything serious – I’d turn my Kiwi friend, Sarah (who I know is reading this) into Filch. And then laugh until I die.
10. Post a picture of the cover of a book you read in 2000 and the book you are currently reading now. (Note: if you weren’t alive in 2000, pick the first book you ever read and tell everyone what year it was from).
I was a whopping four years old in 2000 and relatively averted to reading BUT, I would have read something along the lines of Percy the Park Keeper.
11. Your favourite character (under 18) needs a place to stay for 3 months and asks you if (s)he could stay in your spare room (yes, you have one for the sake of this question). Who is it and what is the reason (s)he needs to stay with you?
So if we’re still running with the fact that Ren is my favourite character then yessiree he can stay. And he’d probably be staying because him and Kelsey are on some epic adventure in Australia. Duh.
12. If you could stay at any fictional castle, which one would you stay at and why? AND NO, YOU CAN’T PICK HOGWARTS. (Note: This is the question each person can change when they tag their own nominees)
Well alright then, I’m so mean. If not Hogwarts . . . I’d stay at the one in The Summoner series by Taran Matharu. That castle is awesome-as.
TRUTH OR DARE:
Oh, did I forget to tell you the last part of the ThisIsMyTruthNow tag? If you choose not to accept the tag, you have to follow through on whatever dare the person who tags you chooses — for my nominees, if you choose not to do this tag, your dare is to only read books over 500 pages for the next month!