That’s right ladles and jellyspoons, this is my most anticipated reading challenge of the year! Okay, so I failed miserably last year (as in 2015, January the first is very disorientating) but, pfft, it’s fine. Really. So over at Pop Sugar here, an annual reading challenge is posted. I have to say I’m pretty excited.
But what is the challenge? It’s a big long list of 50 criteria that *you* are supposed to reach before the year is out. Doesn’t sound too stressful, right? It’s really a lot of fun and gently pushes you into trying some new genres and different books than what you might usually reach for. Like, poetry, for example, >> insert unimpressed face here <<
I’ve got some ideas penned on the corner of my printed out version but, if you know me, ordered TBRs worked out in about 2% of cases. Call it easily distracted, but I think my best bet is to just go with the flow.
Which ones am I most excited for?
- A classic from the 20th century (why? Because I REALLY need to get on and read some of those classics soon. Sheesh).
- A book that is published in 2016 (why? Have you even seen the line up of books coming out this year? It’s pretty fine).
- A YA bestseller (why? YA is my life).
- A book written by a comedian (why? I have a Dawn French book from Christmas . . . goodie, goodie, goodie).
- A book based on a fairytale (why? I LOVE FAIRTALES – check out the Fairytale Retelling challenge that I’m doing HERE).
Which ones am I least excited for?
- A political memoir (why? Because ew).
- A book of poetry (why? Poetry is, to me, what the sun is to ice. A slowly deteriorating relationship that isn’t much fun).
- A self-improvement book (why? Because there’s very rarely any dragons in those).
So in total I’m “technically” now participating in 4 reading challenges this year. This one is fairly independent but a lot of people do seem to do it (or at least attempt it). I’m obviously doing the annual Goodreads reading challenge – I’m aiming for 60 books this year (and planning to OBLITERATE that goal), you can click HERE to see that in more detail. I’m participating in the Fairytale Retelling Challenge which I linked above. And finally the Rock My TBR Challenge which you can read more about HERE.